site hit counter

[XPJ]⋙ PDF Gratis The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books

The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books



Download As PDF : The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books

Download PDF The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books


The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books

It caused me to lose a lot of sleep. When you start reading this fantasy you keep turning the pages to see what is going to happen. Anna's Grandma dies and she is expected to take over her bakery. She is a baker but her dream is to have a shop on the ocean. She wants to hear and smell the ocean. Along with one of her 2 friends she creates a man from a recipe she found of her Grandmothers. YOu must have Gypsy sand that she fund under lock and key. Little things just keep happening. This would be a good beach book.

Read The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books

Tags : The Baker's Man [Jennifer Moorman] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. <b>What happens when you make a man out of dough?</b> In her enchanting, award-winning novel, bestselling author Jennifer Moorman invites you to a whimsical southern,Jennifer Moorman,The Baker's Man,CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform,1481177133,Baking,Fiction,Friendship,Contemporary Women,FICTION Magical Realism,FICTION Women,Fiction - General,FictionMagical Realism,Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945),PRINT ON DEMAND,Fiction Literary

The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books Reviews


This book did not read well for me or at any time make me feel like I was by a cozy fire with hot chocolate. It's twists and turns made me more uncomfortable as I read. This was not what I had expected or what I wanted from this story. 😲

Never could understand any of the characters motives. Why they were that way or where they seemed to be headed. Felt The Dough Boy was more victim than the miracle. 😟
Three friends and a "created" man weave together in one of the most charming books I have read in years. The premise is improbable, the relationships are genuine and real life in a small Southern town shines true. No spoilers, no heavy sex scenes, no grisly murders and no vampires or werewolves -- all that is left is fine, easy American female-type fiction. Enjoy a good story with a good and truthful ending.
Set in the small Southern town of Mystic Water, The Baker’s Man is full of Southern charm and excitement. It’s the debut sweet romance by Jennifer Moorman about an intelligent and independent young woman named Anna who is loyal to her friends and family. Despite her reservations, Anna is trying to decide if her very capable assistant Eli, who is deeply in love with her, is Mr. Right in spite of his origins. Anna does not fall in love at first sight, instead there’s an actual relationship that the reader can see develop over the course of the novel.

After college, Anna returns from New York and agrees to replace her deceased grandmother Beatrice as owner of her bakery. She discovers an unusual recipe her grandmother has left in a sealed box with instructions never to open. Anna’s curiosity leads her to open the forbidden box and the consequences are life changing.

“She stepped too close to him, and her senses were immediately overloaded. She smelled rosemary and cinnamon, spicy chocolate and melted sugar. Looking away from his clear blue eyes was difficult. Anna wanted to back away from the stranger in her kitchen, but a million invisible gossamer threads connected the two of them, tangled them, and wove them together. She sucked air, heady and sweet, into her lungs.”

Jennifer Moorman has written a modern-day fairy tale. It reminds me of a cozy Hallmark series like The Good Witch and of Alice Hoffman’s novels. The Baker’s Man is about ambition, self-discovery, and the pursuit of desires. Anna is a little further along in her journey towards independence than your average heroine — she is a business owner. Jennifer Moorman instills the adventure-seeking Anna with goals and aspirations beyond romance. She yearns to abandon her predictable small town life in return for the adventure of living on the beach. If you enjoy reading sweet romances, you will love The Baker’s Man.
If you're looking for something unusual and amusing, and you've got a little imagination, this book is for you. This story was all about fantasy and creativity, the pros and cons of small-town living, love and care of and from parents and friends, learning to following your heart, and getting your heart's desires -all themes accomplished with humor and purity (no sex, violence, or bad language). I enjoyed the characters -even the one made from "sparkling gypsy dust" and baked up in the oven- and wondered what the world would be like if all of us could just create (or bake up) our life-long-loves. I don't think I'll forget this story for a long time, if ever.
I know I’m in the minority here, but after just finishing this story, it left me feeling that I had just wasted my time. I hate books where the more you think about them, the madder you seem to get.

First off, there’s NO romance in this book. I think the main characters, Anna and Eli, kiss maybe three times. That’s it. They actually spent 99.9 percent of the time in the “friend zone” eating pizza and going on a road trip. And oh yeah, Eli works his butt off at Anna’s bakery waiting for her to acknowledge her feelings and his. Now I don’t need hot and heavy in a romance. Favorites of mine like Julianne Donaldson’s, Edenbrooke and Susanna Kearsley’s, A Desperate Fortune, have incredibly romantic scenes, but are conveyed through the heartfelt emotion and true connection between the characters.

All I got in this story was Anna making a decision to do something, then vacillating and not really knowing what to think and feel afterwards.

The story’s foundation lies on the magical. I mean come on! Anna uses a magical recipe from her grandmother to create the perfect guy. If you had done this and he appeared in your doorway the next day, wouldn’t you at least try out a relationship? I don’t know. Talk to him. Go out with him. See if something is there? I don’t think you’d just let your friend make a play because you can’t decide if he REALLY loves you for you. And this is what got tiring because it was the theme of the ENTIRE story. I never got a true read on Eli because he was never allowed to develop as a character. He was basically kept as a "creation" and because of this, I felt more sorry for him, than anything else.

It got to the point where I wanted to slap Anna upside the head. Does she get the tingles when he’s around? Yep. Warm feelings of home? Yes. Would be devastated if he left? You betcha. But…..Anna just doesn’t know if his feelings are real, so she says, “here you go bestie, you can have him.” WTF?

And if I read one more time what the air smelled like I was going to hurl!

Don’t even get me started on Tessa. The woman needs to see a mental health professional. I think Lily and Anna forgave Tessa WAY too fast. Yes, their best friends, but she’s the cause of MAJOR destruction and emotional pain. To just chalk it up to her being whiny and jealous about not having her own guy was totally unbelievable.

Which once again brings me back to the total lack of emotion and romance between Anna and Eli. Anna was sad and all when Eli went away, but obviously completely OK with it. He was going his way and she was going hers. I never got the sense that Anna would have fought for a relationship with Eli or try to win him back. The ending was totally flat. There was really no reason given for why he came back or what was going to happen. I guess they’ll just go back to working at the new bakery together. My heart’s all aflutter!

It was a shame because the story was good about a third of the way in, then flatlined long before it ended.

I’m just glad I picked it up for free because I would have been really mad at myself for paying $4.99.
It caused me to lose a lot of sleep. When you start reading this fantasy you keep turning the pages to see what is going to happen. Anna's Grandma dies and she is expected to take over her bakery. She is a baker but her dream is to have a shop on the ocean. She wants to hear and smell the ocean. Along with one of her 2 friends she creates a man from a recipe she found of her Grandmothers. YOu must have Gypsy sand that she fund under lock and key. Little things just keep happening. This would be a good beach book.
Ebook PDF The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books

0 Response to "[XPJ]⋙ PDF Gratis The Baker Man Jennifer Moorman 9781481177139 Books"

Post a Comment